MWD ROTARY PULSER – MUD PULSE TRANSMITTER
Rotary pulser is the new generation of APS pulser.
APS’s SureShot™ mud pulse family of directional and directional plus gamma systems provide reliable and flexible Measurement While Drilling (MWD) performance in combination with our second-generation Rotary Pulser – the toughest top-mounted pulser in the industry. This MWD system provides highly accurate azimuth and inclination data for all applications, from straight-hole through horizontal drilling. Rapid and accurate toolface transmission enables the most complex well paths to be drilled with confidence.
APS also offers an EM Telemetry-based MWD system, which uses the same flow subs and is a drop-in alternative for the mud pulse transmitter.
The rotary pulser mud pulse MWD system’s downhole portion includes a rugged directional sensor package with NIST-traceable magnetometer calibration; a reliable, field-proven Rotary Pulser*; and battery and/or turbine alternator† for power. SureShot’s modular design allows for the addition of other functions such as high-quality gamma and/or vibration logging.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Built around the toughest, most advanced, most LCM-tolerant mud pulse transmitter in the industry.
- Stores up to 32 MB of MWD/LWD and diagnostic data for retrieval during trips or for post-run processing.
- Additional sensors including gamma, vibration monitoring and resistivity can be quickly enabled or incorporated into our “LWD-ready” system.
- Data is presented in a simple, user-friendly control and display module; it is transferred to a central control PC, from which it can be directed back to a dedicated wireless rig-floor display and/or rig monitoring system.
- Multiple encoding schemes and advanced decoding enable rapid customization of the data stream for maximum speed or maximum data integrity.
- APS’s unique power management module enables the system to be powered through dual battery packs or a combination of battery power and APS turbine alternator.
- Straight-hole drilling
- Horizontal drilling
- Any well profile
- Water- or oil-based drilling fluid
- Highly LCM tolerant